Rooting CUCM 12x, Unity Connection 12x and UCCX 12.x
Root CUCM, Unity Connection and UCCX 12.x and later
I am sure you must have read my old post about rooting CUCM, Unity Connection and UCCX. In case if you have not, please follow the article here. This rooting was applicable till 11.x version but from 12.x there is a little hardening. All the process remains same, there is a slight change this time which is mentioned in the below post.
Note: UC Collabing does not recommend to try and apply it on your production server and will not be held for any damages that could occur to your system. In case you perform this on your production servers, you may void Cisco contract. Rooting the Appliance may be illegal and we are not directly/indirectly responsible for this. This is only for lab and learning purpose!
The following process remains same as mentioned in our previous article – You may follow the article link as given here.
- Pre-requisites for Rooting UC Application:
- Loading CentOS ISO Image on Vmware:
- Changing the BIOS Boot Order:
Once you are done till above step, let’s make progress here: Once you save the changes, let the VM boot using CD/DVD.
- You will be prompted with CentOS Boot Screen Menu.
- Click on “Rescue Installed System“
- Choose a language and click on OK.
- Choose Keyboard Type and click on OK.
- Setup Networking – Click on NO
- Click on Read Only
- Click on OK
- Select Shell and Hit enter
- Enter the following command:chroot /mnt/sysimage/
mount -o remount,rw / >> This is the new command which needs to run for 12x devices
passwd root >> Create a Root Password and retype the same
- Now you can follow back the old article as given above in the link starting from point number 19 till point number 20 and you are done. That’s it!See below 🙂Happy Collabing!
Originally posted 2020-09-19 04:10:40. Published by Team UC Collabing
I am working in an IT company and having 10+ years of experience into Cisco IP Telephony and Contact Center. I have worked on products like CUCM, CUC, UCCX, CME/CUE, IM&P, Voice Gateways, VG224, Gatekeepers, Attendant Console, Expressway, Mediasense, Asterisk etc. I am not an expert but i keep exploring whenever and wherever i can and share whatever i know. You can visit my LinkedIn profile by clicking on the icon below.
“Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don’t.” ― Bill Nye