Modifying License Mac on CUCM/CUC/UCCX/
Modify License MAC on CUCM, CUC or UCCX
Do you want to modify the license mac for your Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) or UCCX? Here is the procedure to modify the license mac.
First and the foremost, you need to have root access to your UC application in order to modify the license mac. In case you have don’t know how to root your UC application, please follow the blog link to do so:
Get Root Access to your UC Application like CUCM, CUC or UCCX:
(You can modify the license mac while rooting your UC Application or you can do post rooting as well.)
Modifying the License MAC via SSH or Console:
- Login to your UC Application using root account via SSH using applications like Putty or direct via console.
- Enter the command “vim /usr/local/bin/base_scripts/LicenseMac.sh” without quotes
- Locate the line FinalString= by typing /FinalString= in VIM mode.
- Replace the below by pressing “a” to append:FinalString=’expr substr “$SHA1sum” 1 12′With:
- Save the file by typing “:wq” without quotesThat’s all! Reboot the VM and you are done!
Note: UC Collabing does not recommend to try and apply it on your production server. This could be illegal and UC Collabing will not be held for any damages that could occur to your system. In case you perform this on your production servers, you may void Cisco contract. This is only for lab and learning purpose!