Convert LDAP Users to Local Users in CUCM
When your Cisco Unified Communications Manager End Users is synced via LDAP and there is a requirement to convert the LDAP synced Users to a Local User, it becomes a difficult task. There are two ways you can convert the LDAP users to Local Users i.e., via GUI and CLI.
- Login to Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Go to User Management > End Users > Click on Find
- Find the user which you would like to convert a LDAP User into Local User
- Check Mark > Convert LDAP Synchronized User to Local User
- Click on Save
Command Line Interface (CLI) Method
When you have only Few Users
- Do a SSH using Putty onto the Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Enter Username and Password
- Enter the command run sql update enduser set fkdirectorypluginconfig=NULL where userid=’<userid>‘ —– Replace <userid> with the actual User ID on CUCM
- This should return the query as “Rows: 1” and you can also verify in Cisco Unified Communications Manager End User and the user should show as a Local User now.
When you have Many Users
- Enter the command run sql update enduser set fkdirectorypluginconfig=NULL where userid IN (‘userid1‘, ‘userid2‘, ‘userid3’, ‘userid4‘, ‘userid5‘) —– Replace userid1, userid2, userid3 … and further with the actual User ID on CUCM
- Verify the Users in Cisco Unified Communications Manager End User and the users should show as Local Users.
Hope this helps!!