Inter-cluster BLF over SIP Trunk
Intercluster BLF over SIP Trunk
Recently we have configured Intra-Cluster BLF and now lets configure Inter-Cluster BLF so that we can monitor a device in remote cluster.
To configure this, we need to follow the below.
(Assuming that Partition, CSS, Route Pattern, Device Pool, Region, Location and other necessary parameters are configured.)
- Ensure that you follow the previous post http://uccisco.wordpress.com/2014/06/20/busy-lamp-field-speed-dial/
- Go to System > Security > Non Secure SIP Trunk Profile > Ensure that Outgoing Transport Type is selected as UDP and Accept presence subscription box is checked > Click on Save, Apply Config and Reset
- Go to Device > Trunk > Add a SIP Trunk
Name all necessary parameters like Device Name, Description and assign appropriate Device Pool, MRGL, Location, Incoming & Outgoing CSS, SUBSCRIBE CSS
Enter the IP Address of the Destination Call Manager and let the port be 5060
Click on Save, Apply and Reset
- Go to System > Presence Group > Standard Presence group > Under Subscription permission select Allow Subscription and save
- Go to System> Service Parameters > Select Server and Service as Cisco Call Manager > Default Inter-Presence Group Subscription > Allow Subscription > Click on Save
- Final Step > Reset Trunks
I am working in an IT company and having 10+ years of experience into Cisco IP Telephony and Contact Center. I have worked on products like CUCM, CUC, UCCX, CME/CUE, IM&P, Voice Gateways, VG224, Gatekeepers, Attendant Console, Expressway, Mediasense, Asterisk, Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc. I am not an expert but i keep exploring whenever and wherever i can and share whatever i know. You can visit my LinkedIn profile by clicking on the icon below.
“Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don’t.” ― Bill Nye