Decrypt CUCM UCCX CUC Cluster Security Password or Web Admin Password
How to decrypt CUCM/CUC/UCCX Security Password, Admin Password, App User Password, SFTP password in less than 5 mins.
There are some cases observed where you don’t have the cluster security credentials information documented properly when you installed Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) or Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) or Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX). This is mostly used when you are trying to add a node in your UC environment to expand the UC Cluster.
With the given tool, you don’t even need to restart your cluster and you could get the CUCM or CUC or UCCX Security Credentials and Web Admin Password with ease.
How to get the CUCM/CUC/UCCX security password or Web Admin Password?
- Login to CUCM/CUC/UCCX CLI.
- Run the command “utils create report platform“. This will create a TAR file in the platform/log/ directory. This needs to be downloaded using SFTP software like FreeFTPD.
- Once the file is downloaded, you need to use some tools like 7zip to extract the XML file i.e., platformConfig.xml.
- Download UCOS Password Decryptor from the link here.
- Launch the UCOS Password Decryptor tool which you downloaded from the above link.
- Platform Config File > Click on Select File and choose the platformConfig.xml file you downloaded from CUCM/CUC/UCCX.
Now you can see that it gives you Cluster Security Password, SFTP Password, App Username and Password, Local Admin Password.
I am working in an IT company and having 10+ years of experience into Cisco IP Telephony and Contact Center. I have worked on products like CUCM, CUC, UCCX, CME/CUE, IM&P, Voice Gateways, VG224, Gatekeepers, Attendant Console, Expressway, Mediasense, Asterisk etc. I am not an expert but i keep exploring whenever and wherever i can and share whatever i know. You can visit my LinkedIn profile by clicking on the icon below.
“Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don’t.” ― Bill Nye