Do you want to modify the license mac for your Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) or UCCX? Here is the procedure to modify the license mac.
First and the foremost, you need to have root access to your UC application in order to modify the license mac. In case you have don’t know how to root your UC application, please follow the blog link to do so:
(You can modify the license mac while rooting your UC Application or you can do post rooting as well.)
- Login to your UC Application using root account via SSH using applications like Putty or direct via console.
- Enter the command “vim /usr/local/bin/base_scripts/LicenseMac.sh” without quotes
- Locate the line FinalString= by typing /FinalString= in VIM mode.
- Replace the below by pressing “a” to append:
FinalString=’expr substr “$SHA1sum” 1 12′
- Save the file by typing “:wq” without quotes
That’s all! Reboot the VM and you are done!
Note: UC Collabing does not recommend to try and apply it on your production server. This could be illegal and UC Collabing will not be held for any damages that could occur to your system. In case you perform this on your production servers, you may void Cisco contract. This is only for lab and learning purpose!
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Login & Testing Lync functionality - August 2, 2018
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Install or Update Lync Server System - August 1, 2018
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Building & Publishing Topology Lync - July 31, 2018
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Prepare first Standard Server & Install Administrative Tools - July 30, 2018
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Prepare Active Directory Wizard - July 29, 2018
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Configuring DNS records - July 28, 2018
- Step by Step Lync Server 2013 Installation & Configuration - July 27, 2018
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Prerequisite Lync Server 2013 Roles - July 27, 2018
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Certificate Authority Setup - July 26, 2018
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Domain Controller Setup - July 25, 2018