Recently i was asked by one of blog follower a question – “How to differentiate between a CUCM Restricted version and CUCM Unrestricted version”?
This post is dedicated to the new Cisco Voice Techies who want to know how to differentiate.
What is the difference between Unrestricted CUCM and Restricted CUCM?
Restricted version of CUCM has encryption enabled whereas Unrestricted version of CUCM does not have encryption enabled. Unrestricted version of CUCM does not provide signalling and media encryption. Once the unrestricted version of CUCM is installed, it cannot be converted into restricted version of CUCM.
How to differentiate between Unrestricted CUCM and Restricted CUCM?
1. Console Window – For Unrestricted version, it says “Unrestricted” but for “Restricted” version it does not say as “Restricted” when you look at the CUCM CLI Console Window.
2. Show Version Active– For Unrestricted version, it says “Unrestricted” but for “Restricted” version it does not say as “Restricted” when you run “show version active” on CUCM CLI Window.
3. Web Page GUI – For Unrestricted version, it says “Unrestricted” but for “Restricted” version it does not say as “Restricted” when you login to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
I hope this helps!
- Differentiate between Restricted CUCM and Unrestricted CUCM - March 12, 2018
- Re-enable debugs on router reload – EEM Script - March 12, 2018
- Configure Cisco CUBE SIP Options Ping - January 30, 2018
- Unified Messaging with Cisco Unity Connection & Office 365 - January 4, 2018
- Transfer/Hold/Conf Buttons Not Working – Cisco 78XX IP Phone - November 20, 2017
- Track Media Resource (Transcoder) Utilization via RTMT - November 15, 2017
- Installation & Configuration of Expressway C & E – MRA - September 17, 2017
- CUCM BAT Import Error 19145 An Alternate Number can only… - August 30, 2017
- Cisco Jabber Auto Discovery Service – SRV Records - July 15, 2017
- Running VMWare ESXi 60 days trial license? Reset the license - July 15, 2017