Unified Messaging with Cisco Unity Connection & Office 365
Wish you a very happy new year 2018. I hope you had a great start.
This is my first post in 2018 and i hope to write more articles and share my experience with you.
Today i am going to write an article about “Single Inbox/Unified Messaging with Cisco Unity Connection and Office 365“.
Let’s get started.
- Class of Service – Shared in the below steps
- User Template – Shared in the below steps
- If LDAP is integrated, need to verify Mail ID field
Check with your customer on Authentication mode, if you do not know, test with Basic, more often Basic is used than NTLM (NT LAN Manager).
Now you need a service account for Authentication between Unity Connection and Office 365 and the service account is required to access user mailbox. This service account must meet following requirements.
Not be member of administrator group
Not have/associated a mailbox
Password set to not expire
Assigned a impersonation role
For more information on the service account creation and assigning roles using GUI, refer the following
If this is a new install, before importing the users, make sure of class of service has been enabled to associate UM service to user accounts.
Go to User Template > Edit > Unified Messaging Accounts
Click on Office 365
Ensure, Use Corporate Email Address box is checked
Once the users are imported, click on any user account and navigate as shown
Click on Test
You should be able to successfully connect to mailbox on Office 365
If the users are already imported and UM service is added at a later stage, associate user accounts with UM service using Bulk Edit and perform the following steps to test.
Navigate to Unified Messaging > Unified Messaging Accounts Status.
Login to the mailbox and verify
Hope this helps!
- Unified Messaging with Cisco Unity Connection & Office 365 - January 4, 2018
- Transfer/Hold/Conf Buttons Not Working – Cisco 78XX IP Phone - November 20, 2017
- Track Media Resource (Transcoder) Utilization via RTMT - November 15, 2017
- Installation & Configuration of Expressway C & E – MRA - September 17, 2017
- CUCM BAT Import Error 19145 An Alternate Number can only… - August 30, 2017
- Cisco Jabber Auto Discovery Service – SRV Records - July 15, 2017
- Running VMWare ESXi 60 days trial license? Reset the license - July 15, 2017
- Cisco Expressway C and E – Banner MOTD - July 14, 2017
- How to collect packet capture from Cisco IP Phone - July 5, 2017
- Cluster ID Change – Cisco Unified Communications Manager - June 7, 2017