Python Script to Extract Call Record from Cisco CDR
There is a python script written by Steve Campbell which extracts Call Detailed Record (CDR) for an extension using Python Script. Extraction of the record is quite simple and faster. The only drawback i see at this time is it can run the script against one extension only at a time which means you can search only one extension number in the whole CDR Report.
The script will pull out Data/Time, Duration, Calling Number and Called Number from raw CDR Report.
To start using the Python Script, you need to have Python installed in your PC. You can download python from official website (“https://www.python.org/downloads/“).
- Once the software is downloaded, you need to install the application in your PC.
- Download Python Script from https://github.com/sdcampbell/PyCDR site and copy the files from the folder PyCDR-master to Python Directory.
To Find Python Directory, follow either of the below steps:
“C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\”(Replace USERNAME with your actual Username of Windows Machine)
Click on Start Menu
Type Python in the Search Program and File box
Right Click on Python 3.6 (32 bit) or (64 bit) and click on Open file location
A window will open; click on the address bar and copy the location from the address bar
- Also download CDR Raw Data from Cisco Unified Communications Manager and copy it in the python directory as shown in the above step
- Now open Command Prompt and execute the command
C:\> CD C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\
C:\> CD(Paste the location from the address bar as shown in the option 2)
C:\….\Python36-32> python.exe PyCDR.py “CDR Raw Report.txt” “Output.csv” 10000 >>> Execute this command
Once the command is executed, you will see a file “Output.csv” in the same folder that would have the CDR Records inside the fil
Hope this helps!
- Unified Messaging with Cisco Unity Connection & Office 365 - January 4, 2018
- Transfer/Hold/Conf Buttons Not Working – Cisco 78XX IP Phone - November 20, 2017
- Track Media Resource (Transcoder) Utilization via RTMT - November 15, 2017
- Installation & Configuration of Expressway C & E – MRA - September 17, 2017
- CUCM BAT Import Error 19145 An Alternate Number can only… - August 30, 2017
- Cisco Jabber Auto Discovery Service – SRV Records - July 15, 2017
- Running VMWare ESXi 60 days trial license? Reset the license - July 15, 2017
- Cisco Expressway C and E – Banner MOTD - July 14, 2017
- How to collect packet capture from Cisco IP Phone - July 5, 2017
- Cluster ID Change – Cisco Unified Communications Manager - June 7, 2017