Have you worked on Cisco Unity Connection Audiotext Manager by ciscounitytools? If no, then this is one among the best tool for managing Unity Connection Audio Files.
Generally, we do upload greetings in Unity Connection by accessing the Unity Connection GUI and upload the audio file in Call Handlers/Users Mailbox in Standard/Closed/Holiday Greetings using Media Master tool. At times, Media Master tool fail to load and it may give you error like “Missing Required Permission manifest attribute in main jar” or “initMMApplet:InitMMAppletInstance failed to get instance” which may be due to Java/Flash/Permission issue into the PC.
For such situation, i found a very small and a handy tool which works great for uploading the greeting into Unity Connection but that tool sometimes fail to work in some cases. The link for that small and handy tool is shared at the end of the post.
In such situation, we are left with no other choices except hit and trial by upgrading or downgrading the Java or Flash versions or granting administrator privileges to the user to resolve the issue. To overcome the issue, there is a tool by ciscounitytools which works great in all the situation. The only drawback is that the size of the tool is more i.e., 400 MB+.
To use the tool, you need to download two files using the below link:
One would be the actual tool i.e., AudioText Manager Setup file which would be around 120 MB and Informix ODBC Drivers file (IBM Informix Client SDK Install for all 32 and 64 bit Windows Systems) which would be around 330 MB. Once the files are downloaded, install the following :
- Informix ODBC Driver and follow the installation steps on the screen
- AudioText Manager and follow the installation steps on the screen
Once the installation is completed, follow the below steps:
- Login to Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability > Tools > Service Management
- Connection Database Proxy > Activate Database Proxy Service if not activated
- Login to Cisco Unity Connection Administrator
- Add a New User without Mailbox and add “Remote Administrator” and “System Administrator” role
- Change the Web Password for the user created
- Launch Audiotext Manager
- Server Name > Enter the IP Address of Cisco Unity Connection
- Port > Keep the Port Number as default (20532)
- Username > Enter the Username which you have created in the above step
- Password > Enter the User Password
- Click on OK
That’s all ! You are now ready to play with Unity Connection configuration using the tool.
Another Small and Handy tool to upload greetings into Cisco Unity Connection:
Hope this helps!
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Login & Testing Lync functionality - August 2, 2018
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Install or Update Lync Server System - August 1, 2018
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Building & Publishing Topology Lync - July 31, 2018
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Prepare first Standard Server & Install Administrative Tools - July 30, 2018
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Prepare Active Directory Wizard - July 29, 2018
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Configuring DNS records - July 28, 2018
- Step by Step Lync Server 2013 Installation & Configuration - July 27, 2018
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Prerequisite Lync Server 2013 Roles - July 27, 2018
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Certificate Authority Setup - July 26, 2018
- Installing Lync 2013 in Lab – Domain Controller Setup - July 25, 2018