Failed to record name Cisco Unity Connection
While uploading greetings in Cisco Unity Connection call handlers using Media Master Applet, you might encounter the error “Failed to record name”. Even though you might have tried with different versions of java but you still receive the same error? There is a workaround rather than a solution i would say.
What is the workaround?
- Login to Cisco Unity Connection and Locate to the call handler in which you need to upload the greetings.
- Go to Standard/Closed/Alternate Greetings of the Call Handler
- Click on Play/Record
- Options > Open File > Choose the WAV file and click on open
- Before you attempt to save the configuration, you need to apply the workaround in the below step.
- Under Playback > Select “Use Phone” from the drop down menu
- Click on Play
- It will prompt you to enter a number which can be dialed from Unity Connection to Play the Greeting. Enter your IP Phone number or any random number if you don’t have any IP Phone
- Unity Connection will try to play the Greetings using IP Phone if you have specified any valid IP Phone extension else it will fail to call the number.
- Click on Save
- You will notice that your greeting has been updated/saved.
- Click on Play/Record again and verify if the greeting has been successfully uploaded and it is being played correctly.
That’s all. I have personally tried this workaround and it works like charm. If you use the playback option as “Use Computer”, the greeting upload will not work.
Hope this helps!
- Transfer/Hold/Conf Buttons Not Working – Cisco 78XX IP Phone - November 20, 2017
- Track Media Resource (Transcoder) Utilization via RTMT - November 15, 2017
- Installation & Configuration of Expressway C & E – MRA - September 17, 2017
- CUCM BAT Import Error 19145 An Alternate Number can only… - August 30, 2017
- Cisco Jabber Auto Discovery Service – SRV Records - July 15, 2017
- Running VMWare ESXi 60 days trial license? Reset the license - July 15, 2017
- Cisco Expressway C and E – Banner MOTD - July 14, 2017
- How to collect packet capture from Cisco IP Phone - July 5, 2017
- Cluster ID Change – Cisco Unified Communications Manager - June 7, 2017
- Cisco CME – Drop Conference when initiator Disconnects - June 7, 2017