Cisco IP Communicator on Virtual Machine?
Tried installing Cisco IP Communicator (CIPC) on Virtual Machine but received an error “no compatible audio device” or “There are No Compatible Sound Devices Installed on this Computer”. Relax, there is a solution to this issue which will help you to install CIPC and use IP Communicator in Virtual Machine.
Le’ts start –
- Download Virtual Audio Cable application on Virtual Machine – http://download.cnet.com/Virtual-Audio-Cable/3000-2168_4-10067766.html
- Install Virtual Audio Cable on Microsoft Windows (Virtual Machine) and after the installation verify if Audio Drivers are installed successfully. You can verify it in your Device Manager
- Once Verified, install CIPC (Cisco IP Communicator) on Microsoft Windows (Virtual Machine)
- Reboot Microsoft Windows on Virtual Machine
- Once the Microsoft Windows on Virtual Machine is up > Right Click Cisco IP Communicator Icon > Properties > Compatibility Tab > Check Mark “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) from Drop Down Menu > Click on Apply and OK
- Logoff from the Microsoft Windows (Virtual Machine)
- On your System > Go to Run > Type “mstsc”
- Enter the IP Address of Microsoft Windows
- Click Show Options
- Click on Local Resources Tab
- Click on Remote Audio Settings
- Remote Audio Playback > Radio Check “Play on Remote Computer”
- Click on OK and Click on Connect
- Right Click on Cisco IP Communicator and “Run as Administrator”
Note: I have tested the same on Windows 7 which works like a charm and assume it should also work on Windows XP. When you RDP Microsoft Windows 2008 Server (Virtual Machine) for some reasons, Audio Driver does not work (I assume that it does not have compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3). But when you launch vSphere Client Console of the Virtual Machine and work on the Console, the Audio Driver works and you will be able to launch IP Communicator.
Hope this helps!!
- Transfer/Hold/Conf Buttons Not Working – Cisco 78XX IP Phone - November 20, 2017
- Track Media Resource (Transcoder) Utilization via RTMT - November 15, 2017
- Installation & Configuration of Expressway C & E – MRA - September 17, 2017
- CUCM BAT Import Error 19145 An Alternate Number can only… - August 30, 2017
- Cisco Jabber Auto Discovery Service – SRV Records - July 15, 2017
- Running VMWare ESXi 60 days trial license? Reset the license - July 15, 2017
- Cisco Expressway C and E – Banner MOTD - July 14, 2017
- How to collect packet capture from Cisco IP Phone - July 5, 2017
- Cluster ID Change – Cisco Unified Communications Manager - June 7, 2017
- Cisco CME – Drop Conference when initiator Disconnects - June 7, 2017