Recently i was trying to mount ISO file from local disk to VM Console using CD/DVD Drive and it got stuck saying Connecting but it never got connected. Even i tried closing the console and re-opened it but all in vain.
So, while troubleshooting i found two ways to resolve the above issue.
- Store the ISO image in the datastore and use “Connect to ISO Image on a datastore”.
- If you still want mount the ISO file using local disk, you have to follow the below steps.
- Right Click the VM Name > Click on Edit Settings
- Click on CD/DVD Drive 1 > Radio Check on the Mode from Emulate IDE to Passthrough IDE (recommended) and Click on OK
- Close VMware VSphere Client and re-launch it.
Note: The Passthrough device mode can only be used on one virtual machine at a time.
Hope this helps!!
- Differentiate between Restricted CUCM and Unrestricted CUCM - March 12, 2018
- Re-enable debugs on router reload – EEM Script - March 12, 2018
- Configure Cisco CUBE SIP Options Ping - January 30, 2018
- Unified Messaging with Cisco Unity Connection & Office 365 - January 4, 2018
- Transfer/Hold/Conf Buttons Not Working – Cisco 78XX IP Phone - November 20, 2017
- Track Media Resource (Transcoder) Utilization via RTMT - November 15, 2017
- Installation & Configuration of Expressway C & E – MRA - September 17, 2017
- CUCM BAT Import Error 19145 An Alternate Number can only… - August 30, 2017
- Cisco Jabber Auto Discovery Service – SRV Records - July 15, 2017
- Running VMWare ESXi 60 days trial license? Reset the license - July 15, 2017