Private Line Automatic Ringdown (PLAR) or Hot-dial is a configuration done in Cisco Unified Communication Manager which is intended to dial a destination number automatically as soon as an IP Phone goes off hook. Mostly IP Phone with PLAR feature is used in Elevators, Security Stations, Lobbies or Open Areas.
For example – If some employees or visitors are in Elevators and they are stuck in middle of elevator, they may need to contact Security Help Desk to help them. So, IP Phones placed in the elevators are configured with Hot-Dial or PLAR. As soon as the employees or visitors lift the handset from IP Phone, the phone will immediately ring the destination number, in our case it is Security Help Desk team for help.
- Login to Cisco Unified Communication Manager.
Create Partitions and Calling Search Space
- Create a Partition > HotDial_PRT
- Create a CSS > HotDial_CSS
- Assign HotDial_PRT in HotDial_CSS
Create a Translation Pattern
- Create a Blank Translation Pattern >
- Assign HotDial_PRT
- Description > HotDial – Security Help Desk
- Calling Search Space > Assign CSS to reach Security Help Desk Phones – In our case, we have used Internal_CSS
- Check Mark > Urgent Priority
- Called Party Transformation Mask > Enter the Extension Number or Pilot Number of Security Help Desk Team – In our case, we have used 20000 as an extension
- Save the configuration
Assigning HotDial_PRT and HotDial_CSS for Elevator IP Phone
- Go to Device > Locate the IP Phone which is used in Elevator
- Line 1 > Enter the Extension Number > In our case we will use 20000
- Partition > HotDial_PRT
- Calling Search Space > HotDial_CSS
- Do rest of the configuration as normally you do for other IP Phones.
- Save the configuration
Time to test the configuration
Go to Elevator > Go off hook > Check if the call is connected to Security Help Desk Team.
- Modifying License Mac on CUCM/CUC/UCCX/ - June 26, 2018
- CUCM, Cisco Unity Connection, UCCX Root Access - June 25, 2018
- Bypass CUCM or Cisco Unity Connection hardware check - June 21, 2018
- Differentiate between Restricted CUCM and Unrestricted CUCM - March 12, 2018
- Re-enable debugs on router reload – EEM Script - March 12, 2018
- Configure Cisco CUBE SIP Options Ping - January 30, 2018
- Unified Messaging with Cisco Unity Connection & Office 365 - January 4, 2018
- Transfer/Hold/Conf Buttons Not Working – Cisco 78XX IP Phone - November 20, 2017
- Track Media Resource (Transcoder) Utilization via RTMT - November 15, 2017
- Installation & Configuration of Expressway C & E – MRA - September 17, 2017