Recently i was asked a question on redirecting a voicemail. Here is the scenario and the solution.
There are three users configured in Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Unity Connection. User A, User B and User C.
User A has forwarded calls to User B. So, when User C dials User A, the call will be routed to User B. If User B does not pick the call, the call will go to User B’s Voicemail box.
In normal scenario, when you make a call from User C to User A, and User B does not pick up the call, the call will be routed to User A’s Voicemail.
To achieve this scenario where Unity Connection uses the last redirecting number for routing incoming calls, you need to go to Unity Connection and change the following parameter.
- Login to Unity Connection.
- Advanced > Conversations >Check Mark “Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call“
That’s all!! Solution achieved.
- Differentiate between Restricted CUCM and Unrestricted CUCM - March 12, 2018
- Re-enable debugs on router reload – EEM Script - March 12, 2018
- Configure Cisco CUBE SIP Options Ping - January 30, 2018
- Unified Messaging with Cisco Unity Connection & Office 365 - January 4, 2018
- Transfer/Hold/Conf Buttons Not Working – Cisco 78XX IP Phone - November 20, 2017
- Track Media Resource (Transcoder) Utilization via RTMT - November 15, 2017
- Installation & Configuration of Expressway C & E – MRA - September 17, 2017
- CUCM BAT Import Error 19145 An Alternate Number can only… - August 30, 2017
- Cisco Jabber Auto Discovery Service – SRV Records - July 15, 2017
- Running VMWare ESXi 60 days trial license? Reset the license - July 15, 2017