Cisco PLM – Security Error on CUCM CUC and CER
Recently i was working on Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity Connection (CUC), Cisco Emergency Responder (CER) and Prime License Manager (PLM) upgrade where i had to upgrade all the products from 11.0.x to 11.5.x .
CUCM, CUC, CER and PLM upgrade was successful and no issues encountered in the upgrade. When i logged into PLM to see the licensing status of the products added into PLM, i saw security error against those products. I tried to synchronize the license again but no luck. I restarted PLM as well but no luck again.
I had to open a Cisco TAC case to get the issue resolved. TAC joined the call and luckily the Cisco TAC has seen this issue for couple of other customers. He mentioned that we have to re-host the license as the workaround is to reset the identify of license management to resolve this issue. We agreed to his words and asked him to proceed. He immediately took console of PLM and reset the identity of license management. We did re-hosted the license again and the issue disappeared.
Conclusion: Open a TAC case and let the TAC resolve the issue and get the licenses re-hosted for your PLM.
Hope this helps!
- Cisco Jabber Auto Discovery Service – SRV Records - July 15, 2017
- Running VMWare ESXi 60 days trial license? Reset the license - July 15, 2017
- Cisco Expressway C and E – Banner MOTD - July 14, 2017
- How to collect packet capture from Cisco IP Phone - July 5, 2017
- Cluster ID Change – Cisco Unified Communications Manager - June 7, 2017
- Cisco CME – Drop Conference when initiator Disconnects - June 7, 2017
- Python Script to Extract Call Record from Cisco CDR - June 3, 2017
- Installing Enghouse ARC Enterprise Premium on Windows Server - April 23, 2017
- Find Jabber Chat History Location and Read Chat - March 27, 2017
- Step by Step Cisco IM & Presence Configuration - March 26, 2017