Recently i was working on Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity Connection (CUC), Cisco Emergency Responder (CER) and Prime License Manager (PLM) upgrade where i had to upgrade all the products from 11.0.x to 11.5.x .
CUCM, CUC, CER and PLM upgrade was successful and no issues encountered in the upgrade. When i logged into PLM to see the licensing status of the products added into PLM, i saw security error against those products. I tried to synchronize the license again but no luck. I restarted PLM as well but no luck again.
I had to open a Cisco TAC case to get the issue resolved. TAC joined the call and luckily the Cisco TAC has seen this issue for couple of other customers. He mentioned that we have to re-host the license as the workaround is to reset the identify of license management to resolve this issue. We agreed to his words and asked him to proceed. He immediately took console of PLM and reset the identity of license management. We did re-hosted the license again and the issue disappeared.
Conclusion: Open a TAC case and let the TAC resolve the issue and get the licenses re-hosted for your PLM.
Hope this helps!
We had to start our upgrade on the weekend. Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and CUC (Cisco Unity Connection) upgrade from 11.0 to 11.5 version. Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced 11.0.1 ... Read more
- Installing Enghouse ARC Enterprise Premium on Windows Server - April 23, 2017
- Find Jabber Chat History Location and Read Chat - March 27, 2017
- Step by Step Cisco IM & Presence Configuration - March 26, 2017
- What is LLDP? Some LLDP basic and useful commands - March 19, 2017
- CUAC Ports not Registering after CUCM Upgrade 11.5.1 - March 18, 2017
- Cisco PLM – Security Error on CUCM CUC and CER - March 18, 2017
- CUCM Database Traceback DBReplrtstate py Error - February 22, 2017
- TCP UDP Port Usage – CUCM Voice Gateway and Gatekeeper - February 17, 2017
- Cisco ISDN Switch Type IOS Commands Voice Gateway - February 16, 2017
- Top and Most useful Cisco Voice IOS Commands - February 15, 2017