Have you worked on Cisco Unity Connection Audiotext Manager by ciscounitytools? If no, then this is one among the best tool for managing Unity Connection Audio Files.
Generally, we do upload greetings in Unity Connection by accessing the Unity Connection GUI and upload the audio file in Call Handlers/Users Mailbox in Standard/Closed/Holiday Greetings using Media Master tool. At times, Media Master tool fail to load and it may give you error like “Missing Required Permission manifest attribute in main jar” or “initMMApplet:InitMMAppletInstance failed to get instance” which may be due to Java/Flash/Permission issue into the PC.
For such situation, i found a very small and a handy tool which works great for uploading the greeting into Unity Connection but that tool sometimes fail to work in some cases. The link for that small and handy tool is shared at the end of the post.
In such situation, we are left with no other choices except hit and trial by upgrading or downgrading the Java or Flash versions or granting administrator privileges to the user to resolve the issue. To overcome the issue, there is a tool by ciscounitytools which works great in all the situation. The only drawback is that the size of the tool is more i.e., 400 MB+.
To use the tool, you need to download two files using the below link:
One would be the actual tool i.e., AudioText Manager Setup file which would be around 120 MB and Informix ODBC Drivers file (IBM Informix Client SDK Install for all 32 and 64 bit Windows Systems) which would be around 330 MB. Once the files are downloaded, install the following :
- Informix ODBC Driver and follow the installation steps on the screen
- AudioText Manager and follow the installation steps on the screen
Once the installation is completed, follow the below steps:
- Login to Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability > Tools > Service Management
- Connection Database Proxy > Activate Database Proxy Service if not activated
- Login to Cisco Unity Connection Administrator
- Add a New User without Mailbox and add “Remote Administrator” and “System Administrator” role
- Change the Web Password for the user created
- Launch Audiotext Manager
- Server Name > Enter the IP Address of Cisco Unity Connection
- Port > Keep the Port Number as default (20532)
- Username > Enter the Username which you have created in the above step
- Password > Enter the User Password
- Click on OK
That’s all ! You are now ready to play with Unity Connection configuration using the tool.
Another Small and Handy tool to upload greetings into Cisco Unity Connection:
Hope this helps!
Hello All, There are some instances when you play with user roles in Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) or Cisco Unity Connection (CUC), you may end up with some issues. ... Read more
- Installing Enghouse ARC Enterprise Premium on Windows Server - April 23, 2017
- Find Jabber Chat History Location and Read Chat - March 27, 2017
- Step by Step Cisco IM & Presence Configuration - March 26, 2017
- What is LLDP? Some LLDP basic and useful commands - March 19, 2017
- CUAC Ports not Registering after CUCM Upgrade 11.5.1 - March 18, 2017
- Cisco PLM – Security Error on CUCM CUC and CER - March 18, 2017
- CUCM Database Traceback DBReplrtstate py Error - February 22, 2017
- TCP UDP Port Usage – CUCM Voice Gateway and Gatekeeper - February 17, 2017
- Cisco ISDN Switch Type IOS Commands Voice Gateway - February 16, 2017
- Top and Most useful Cisco Voice IOS Commands - February 15, 2017