Basic Networking Interview Questions and Answers
Are you looking for Basic Networking Interview Questions and Answers? Please read the questions and answers which would help you to crack interview for Basic Networking post.
Question: What is an IOS?
Ans: IOS stands for Internet Operating system which is basically a router’s operating system.
Question: What is a MAC address?
Ans: A Mac Address is called as Media Access Control address. It is a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications at the data link layer of a network segment. MAC address is usually stored in ROM on the network adapter card.
Question: Why MAC address is called Physical address?
Ans: Mac Address is referred to Physical Address because it is not changeable. Every Network Interface Card (NIC) will have a unique Mac-Address.
Question: What is the size of a MAC-Address?
Ans: The size of a Mac-Address is 48 bits.
Question: How the Mac-Address is identified?
Ans: Mac-Address is 48 bits and 12 digits/letter long, each digit is a number from 0-9 or a letter from A-F. For example A1:B2:3C:4D:E5:F6. First 24 bits part called OUI (Organizational unique identifier) and other 24 bits are device code.
Question: How to check Mac-Address in Windows and a Router/Switch?
Ans: In Windows, open command prompt and type ipconfig/all and in router type show mac address-table
- Cisco Jabber Auto Discovery Service – SRV Records - July 15, 2017
- Running VMWare ESXi 60 days trial license? Reset the license - July 15, 2017
- Cisco Expressway C and E – Banner MOTD - July 14, 2017
- How to collect packet capture from Cisco IP Phone - July 5, 2017
- Cluster ID Change – Cisco Unified Communications Manager - June 7, 2017
- Cisco CME – Drop Conference when initiator Disconnects - June 7, 2017
- Python Script to Extract Call Record from Cisco CDR - June 3, 2017
- Installing Enghouse ARC Enterprise Premium on Windows Server - April 23, 2017
- Find Jabber Chat History Location and Read Chat - March 27, 2017
- Step by Step Cisco IM & Presence Configuration - March 26, 2017