ESXi Access to resource settings on the host is restricted to the server that is managing it
When you are trying to Login to the Vsphere you may receive a message “The host is currently being managed by the vCenter Server with IP Address xx.xx.xx.xx. Changes to this host during the session may not be reflected in the vSphere Client sessions currently viewing the vCenter Server.”
Soon after you click “OK” when you get the above message and you proceed to deploy OVA, you may get an error “Access to resource settings on the host is restricted to the server that is managing it: xx.xx.xx“. This scenario is applicable when you are connected directly to an ESXi host managed in vCenter Server.
To resolve the issue, you have to follow the below method which is just a workaround:
- You need to stop communication between the vCenter Server and the host by stopping the below services. To do so, you need to either login to the console or SSH to the ESXi host. (To enable SSH on your ESXi host, follow the article share at the end of the resolution step)
When these commands are executed, the ESXi host will stop communicating with the vCenter Server.
- Deploy the OVA Template.
- Once your OVA Template is deployed, start the VPXA service to add the ESXi host back to vCenter Server.]
That’s all !
To enable SSH on Vsphere ESXi, follow the below article.
Hope this helps!
- Cisco Jabber Auto Discovery Service – SRV Records - July 15, 2017
- Running VMWare ESXi 60 days trial license? Reset the license - July 15, 2017
- Cisco Expressway C and E – Banner MOTD - July 14, 2017
- How to collect packet capture from Cisco IP Phone - July 5, 2017
- Cluster ID Change – Cisco Unified Communications Manager - June 7, 2017
- Cisco CME – Drop Conference when initiator Disconnects - June 7, 2017
- Python Script to Extract Call Record from Cisco CDR - June 3, 2017
- Installing Enghouse ARC Enterprise Premium on Windows Server - April 23, 2017
- Find Jabber Chat History Location and Read Chat - March 27, 2017
- Step by Step Cisco IM & Presence Configuration - March 26, 2017