When you are trying to Login to the Vsphere you may receive a message “The host is currently being managed by the vCenter Server with IP Address xx.xx.xx.xx. Changes to this host during the session may not be reflected in the vSphere Client sessions currently viewing the vCenter Server.”
Soon after you click “OK” when you get the above message and you proceed to deploy OVA, you may get an error “Access to resource settings on the host is restricted to the server that is managing it: xx.xx.xx“. This scenario is applicable when you are connected directly to an ESXi host managed in vCenter Server.
To resolve the issue, you have to follow the below method which is just a workaround:
- You need to stop communication between the vCenter Server and the host by stopping the below services. To do so, you need to either login to the console or SSH to the ESXi host. (To enable SSH on your ESXi host, follow the article share at the end of the resolution step)
When these commands are executed, the ESXi host will stop communicating with the vCenter Server.
- Deploy the OVA Template.
- Once your OVA Template is deployed, start the VPXA service to add the ESXi host back to vCenter Server.]
That’s all !
To enable SSH on Vsphere ESXi, follow the below article.
Hope this helps!
Hi All, While taking UCCX Backup, you may receive an error "UCCX DB replication is not setup properly, Backup Completed" which will end up in failing the backup for the ... Read more
- Installing Enghouse ARC Enterprise Premium on Windows Server - April 23, 2017
- Find Jabber Chat History Location and Read Chat - March 27, 2017
- Step by Step Cisco IM & Presence Configuration - March 26, 2017
- What is LLDP? Some LLDP basic and useful commands - March 19, 2017
- CUAC Ports not Registering after CUCM Upgrade 11.5.1 - March 18, 2017
- Cisco PLM – Security Error on CUCM CUC and CER - March 18, 2017
- CUCM Database Traceback DBReplrtstate py Error - February 22, 2017
- TCP UDP Port Usage – CUCM Voice Gateway and Gatekeeper - February 17, 2017
- Cisco ISDN Switch Type IOS Commands Voice Gateway - February 16, 2017
- Top and Most useful Cisco Voice IOS Commands - February 15, 2017