Vsphere ESXI Host Yellow Triangle Warning?
Are you seeing yellow triangle warning on ESXi hosts on vCenter? What could be the reason you are seeing those warning? Can these warnings be disabled?
The reason you see the yellow triangle/exclamation mark on ESXi host is when you enabled SSH (Remote) and the ESXi Shell for Management of host from Console or web client or VSphere client.
Either you can disable warning or you can disable SSH and ESXi Shell. Both the ways are shown below.
Via Vsphere Client Console – Disable SSH and ESXi Shell
- Login to Vsphere Client > Open Host Console
- Press “F2” to Customize System/View Logs
- Enter root credentials
- Go to Troubleshooting Options
- Disable ESXi Shell > Disable, if Enabled
- Disable SSH > Disable, if Enabled
- Press ESC to Exit and again ESC to logout
Via VSphere Client – Disable the Warning
- Login to Vsphere Client
- Select the Host which gives the Triangle/Exclamation Error
- Go to Configuration > Under Software > Click on Advanced Settings
- Click UserVars > UserVars.SuppressShellWarning
- Change the Value from 0 (Zero) to 1 (One) and Click on OK
That’s all!! Hope it helps.
- Cisco Jabber Auto Discovery Service – SRV Records - July 15, 2017
- Running VMWare ESXi 60 days trial license? Reset the license - July 15, 2017
- Cisco Expressway C and E – Banner MOTD - July 14, 2017
- How to collect packet capture from Cisco IP Phone - July 5, 2017
- Cluster ID Change – Cisco Unified Communications Manager - June 7, 2017
- Cisco CME – Drop Conference when initiator Disconnects - June 7, 2017
- Python Script to Extract Call Record from Cisco CDR - June 3, 2017
- Installing Enghouse ARC Enterprise Premium on Windows Server - April 23, 2017
- Find Jabber Chat History Location and Read Chat - March 27, 2017
- Step by Step Cisco IM & Presence Configuration - March 26, 2017