Troubleshooting MWI SIP Cisco Unity Connection
When a SIP Integration is done between CUCM and Unity Connection, MWI sometimes fails to work. I feel SCCP is more easier to troubleshoot when compared to SIP.
SCCP uses MWI Directory Numbers to turn ON and OFF Message Waiting Indicator. But SIP does not use MWI Directory Numbers to turn ON and OFF MWI. Unity Connection sends SIP NOTIFY Message to Cisco Unified Communication Manager.
- Login to Cisco Unified Communication Manager
- Go to Device > Trunk > Verify that Unity Connection Trunk configured on CUCM has Inbound CSS configured. The inbound CSS should have the Partitions of the Directory Numbers configured.
- Go to System > Security > SIP Trunk Security Profile > Verify the Profile configured/used by the Unity Connection Trunk has the following parameters checked.
Accept out-of-dialog refer
Accept unsolicited notification
Accept replaces header
- Login to Cisco Unity Connection > Users > Search for the user for whom MWI is not working
- Go to Edit > Message Waiting Indicators > Reset MWI for the Subscriber/Voicemail Box
Now the MWI Light should be turned ON.
- Cisco Jabber Auto Discovery Service – SRV Records - July 15, 2017
- Running VMWare ESXi 60 days trial license? Reset the license - July 15, 2017
- Cisco Expressway C and E – Banner MOTD - July 14, 2017
- How to collect packet capture from Cisco IP Phone - July 5, 2017
- Cluster ID Change – Cisco Unified Communications Manager - June 7, 2017
- Cisco CME – Drop Conference when initiator Disconnects - June 7, 2017
- Python Script to Extract Call Record from Cisco CDR - June 3, 2017
- Installing Enghouse ARC Enterprise Premium on Windows Server - April 23, 2017
- Find Jabber Chat History Location and Read Chat - March 27, 2017
- Step by Step Cisco IM & Presence Configuration - March 26, 2017