Basic SRST Configuration (SCCP only)
Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) – It is a call processing backup mechanism that allows Cisco IP phones to register to a Cisco router locally during a WAN Failure. Let’s say you are connected to your Headquarter Site A remotely via Site B using WAN. In case, the WAN links goes down, IP Phones at site B should register to the local Site B router to avoid any outages. In this case, you VoIP calls inter-clusters will not work as the WAN link is down but however calls made to the local site will work as the phones will be registered to the local router. As the Phone will register to the local site, the mode is called as SRST Fallback Mode.
Let’s do the basic configuration.
Step 1>Configuring the SRST Reference
Go to System > SRST > Add a New SRST Reference
Name – Site B SRST
Port – 2000
IP Address : – X.X.X.X (IP Address of the Site B Router)
Click on Save
Step 2> Adding the SRST Reference in the Device Pool of the Site B Phones.
Go to System > Device Pool > Select Appropriate Device Pool which is assigned to the Phones at Site B
SRST Reference* > Select the SRST Reference created above
Click on Save, Apply and Reset (Ensure that you reset the DP after business hours)
———————————————————-SRST Configuration on Router———————————————————-
To Enable SRST on the Site B Router, you need to configure the below.
ip source-address X.X.X.X port 2000 ——> This is the IP Address of the Site B Router
system message primary SRST FALLBACK
Note:- The above configuration will only make your IP Phone fall into SRST mode. To make/receive PSTN calls, you need to configure all relevant configuration like E1/T1, dial-peers, DSPs/Transcoders etc.
During a WAN Failure, your Phone will fallback into SRST mode as shown below.
*Mar 1 01:09:37.091: %IPPHONE-6-REGISTER_NEW: ephone-1:SEP00255649DF28 IP:10.1.1.3 Socket:2 DeviceType:Phone has registered.
R1#sh ephone regi
R1#sh ephone registered
ephone-1 Mac:0025.5649.DF28 TCP socket: activeLine:0 REGISTERED in SCCP ver 12 and Server in ver 5
mediaActive:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 paging 0 debug:0 caps:6
IP:10.1.1.3 3405 Telecaster 7960 keepalive 13 max_line 6
button 1: dn 1 number 81011002 CM Fallback CH1 IDLE
- Cisco Jabber Auto Discovery Service – SRV Records - July 15, 2017
- Running VMWare ESXi 60 days trial license? Reset the license - July 15, 2017
- Cisco Expressway C and E – Banner MOTD - July 14, 2017
- How to collect packet capture from Cisco IP Phone - July 5, 2017
- Cluster ID Change – Cisco Unified Communications Manager - June 7, 2017
- Cisco CME – Drop Conference when initiator Disconnects - June 7, 2017
- Python Script to Extract Call Record from Cisco CDR - June 3, 2017
- Installing Enghouse ARC Enterprise Premium on Windows Server - April 23, 2017
- Find Jabber Chat History Location and Read Chat - March 27, 2017
- Step by Step Cisco IM & Presence Configuration - March 26, 2017